Massage Therapy in Comstock Park
At Gorbach Family Chiropractic, we believe that natural and non-invasive techniques are usually the best strategies for promoting optimal healing and wellness. Of course, modern medicine has a valuable role, but many health conditions can be greatly reduced or prevented through something as simple as chiropractic care. Massage therapy is a related pain management solution that's safe and effective for people of all ages and health backgrounds. Our resident massage therapist, Lisa Keefer, works proudly with Comstock and Grand Rapids chiropractor Dr. Jeff Gorbach to deliver excellence in care for both body and mind.
Top Five Benefits of Massage Therapy in Comstock Park
A massage is a great gift to give to a loved one—especially yourself! If you need convincing to schedule an appointment with our massage therapist in Comstock Park, here are five inspiring reasons to get you going:
- Improved circulation. Better circulation is critical for reduced swelling, decreased inflammation, and improved tissue healing. Massage promotes these benefits by naturally increasing the flow of oxygen-rich blood, immune-mediated cells, and lymphatic fluids to target areas on the body.
- Natural, drug-free pain relief. Massage has been shown to help reduce the perception and intensity of pain caused by a wide variety of conditions, ranging from an acute sports injury to cancer. A massage therapist uses gentle and targeted forces from his or her hands to relax muscles that are tense and spasmed, which may also relieve pressure on nearby nerves and other tissues.
- Increased range of motion and flexibility. Maximizing the elasticity and pliability of muscles, tendons, and connective fascia allows your body to more safely and efficiently move through a larger range of motion. This is especially helpful for athletes or anyone with a physically active lifestyle.
- Enhanced sense of general well-being and stress management. Research shows that massage stimulates the release of calming hormones and neurotransmitters within your brain and body. Not only does this enhance your sense of peace and wellness, but can also support your ability to manage and respond to stress effectively.
- Accelerated healing when provided in conjunction with chiropractic care. Massage therapy is fully individualized, and every session with our massage therapist will be customized to meet your specific needs. The unique benefits of your massage sessions will also complement and accelerate the holistic healing results of chiropractic care. Relaxed, pliable, and well-oxygenated connective tissues respond better to chiropractic adjustments, corrective exercises, and other techniques offered by Dr. Gorbach.
Are You Struggling With Acute or Chronic Pain? Our Chiropractor in Comstock Park & Grand Rapids Can Help
Dr. Gorbach has been a leading chiropractor in Comstock Park and Grand Rapids for several years, and is proud to work alongside massage therapist Lisa Keefer. Together they have seen hundreds of people achieve fast and long-lasting pain relief. To schedule a massage therapy appointment or to learn more about the services offered by our Comstock Park chiropractor, call us today at 616-419-3399. First-time clients receive a FREE initial consultation. We look forward to working with you!